Mexico is a market of strategic importance for Avery Dennison because of the country’s high growth in volume and variety of products. The company has invested heavily in Mexico in recent years, including equipment installations and new distribution centers in Guadalajara and Monterrey. Avery Dennison’s expansions required more comprehensive and modernized transportation management solutions, including enhanced network visibility and responsiveness, intra-Mexico and cross-border capacity support, and customs and compliance at ports and borders.
With expertise required on both sides of the border, Avery Dennison sought seamless and integrated transportation, improved inbound and outbound capacity, and strategic multi-modal solutions. The iconic brand needed support with U.S. and Mexico customs clearance processes, as well as facilitating compliance such as C-TPAT certification. Avery Dennison wanted the confidence from collaborating with logistics experts offering multiple clearance points, who are also experienced in mitigating risks and reducing supply chain costs.
Transplace offers a complete transportation management solution customized for the specific needs of leading brands acr oss Mexico. With more than $11 billion of freight-under-management in North America, Transplace provides access to 1500+ approved carriers in Mexico to support capacity surges, take advantage of economies of scale, and meet Avery Dennison’s business goals. With one million square feet of warehouse space in Mexico and Laredo, Texas, Transplace’s customers benefit from infrastructure security and logistics program flexibility to address frequently shifting transportation schedules.
Based on Transplace’s 25+ years of international trade experience and trusted relationships in key industries, Avery Dennison appreciates greater collaborations and sharing supply chain best practices. Working with Transplace’s dedicated teams, Avery Dennison enjoys the enhanced simplicity and speed of logistics planning, including:
IMPROVED FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- 15% cost reduction in customs services and 10% savings in freight
- Cut transportation costs by leveraging the largest North American freight network to optimize loads
- Reduced the risk of lost, stolen and damaged products with less freight transfers and multi-touch shipments
INCREASED OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Strategy design focused on NAFTA supply cycles
- 95+% next-day regional services
- Weekend linehaul runs allowing Monday freight availability at Laredo
- Eliminated coordination with multiple vendors for freight transfers and multi-touch shipments by coordinating with a single 3PL provider
- Complete door-to-door consolidated across the border into Mexico
CONFIDENCE AND PEACE OF MIND
- Dependable and timely shipment coordination on both sides of the border