CombineNet, Inc., the leading provider of best-in-class sourcing technology solutions for global supply chains, and Transplace, a leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, today announced that the companies have extended their partnership agreement for a minimum of three more years to jointly help supply chain customers be more effective in their procurement of transportation and logistics services.
Having entered into the partnership nearly three years ago, Transplace leverages the CombineNet ASAP® advanced e-sourcing technology as part of its expert solutions, helping customers develop and optimize their carrier strategy for procurement events involving truckload, less-than-truckload (LTL), and intermodal needs. Transplace delivered more than 50 customer solutions in 2012 using the CombineNet sourcing technology, in industries including consumer goods, chemicals, manufacturing, and retail.
“The partnership with CombineNet allows us to more easily navigate the complexities of carrier selection, negotiations, and final procurement decisions for the clients we serve, given the large size and ever-evolving requirements of their supply chains,” said Ben Cubitt, senior vice president, Consulting and Engineering, Transplace. “We look forward to the benefits of continuing this partnership, which gives us a strategic advantage in addressing the variety of new future challenges our clients will need to address.”
Mr. Cubitt notes that several new areas of opportunity have recently been emerging where the CombineNet advanced sourcing solution is creating value:
- Enhanced discussion of carrier strategy prior to opening the bid process, in order to improve scenario analysis.
- Classification of lane types (replenishment, transfers, customer, dedicated fleet or private fleet, etc.) to further refine the procurement requirements, for example: service levels, channel or customer requirements, equipment or mode options.
- Improved classification of carriers to help promote or evaluate strategic carriers, growth opportunities, or other carrier mix decisions.
- Ability to leverage a variety of carrier feedback options (targets, competitive ranges, carrier ranking) for both first and second bid rounds.
- Sourcing of indirect materials that support the transportation network, including the collection of detailed cost drivers from suppliers to support scenario analysis.
Stated Jeremy Becker, vice president of channel partnerships at CombineNet: “We are very proud of our successful partnership with Transplace and the work that they do using CombineNet for tackling client’s complex needs in transportation procurement. The breadth of their offering and strategic approach to the transportation marketplace gives them a unique perspective and sets them apart as a solution provider.”
Transplace is a non-asset, North America-based third party logistics (3PL) provider offering manufacturers, retailers, chemical and consumer packaged goods companies the optimal blend of logistics technology and transportation management services. From complete logistics management outsourcing to SaaS transportation management system (TMS) and supply chain network planning and design to high-quality brokerage services, Transplace has proven the ability to deliver both rapid return on investment and consistent value to customers. The company is recognized among the elite global 3PLs by a customer base that includes many of the largest shippers in the world.
Follow Transplace on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Transplace.
To learn more about Transplace and the people behind “I Am Transplace,” please visit devwww.transplace.com.