Transportation TIP List: Week of September 23rd, 2018
From blockchain and IoT to AI and beyond, technology is helping drive today’s supply chains into the future. Our TIP List this week includes a high-tech takeover that highlights a number of these trends – such as the impact of digitalization on manufacturing’s M&A activities and how tech can positively impact customer experience in logistics. Read up on the latest innovative industry news below!
- How is Technology Redefining the Customer & Business Experience in Logistics?: Technologies like AI, IoT and blockchain are revolutionizing the way businesses are run and, in turn, the way we interact with customers. Logistics as a domain, sits at a beautiful juncture where each of these technologies can be applied for the benefit of the ecosystem.
- “Industry 4.0” Winners Will Shape Manufacturing Tech M&A: Industry 4.0, or the digitization and mass customization of manufacturing, will drive mergers and acquisitions in coming years as weaker players are swallowed by stronger ones, industry experts say.
- 5 Examples of How AI Can Be Used Across the Supply Chain: AI is everywhere, but perhaps its greatest impact could be felt across the supply chain. From anticipating orders to managing deliveries, AI has the power to drastically increase efficiency in all areas of supply chain operations.
- FMCSA Extends Comment Period on Hours of Service (HOS) Reform: On August 23, the FMCSA published an advanced notice of proposed rulemaking seeking public comment on four specific aspects of the HOS rules that the agency is considering changing.
- Arkansas has Highest Percentage of Trucking Industry Workers: Arkansas has the highest percentage of private sector employees who work in the trucking industry, according to the 2018 ATA report. The report showed one in 12 people, or 3.1%, of the 1.004 million people who work in non-government jobs are employed by the trucking industry.
How is technology helping streamline your supply chain?