Transportation TIP List: Week of September 17th, 2017
This past Friday marked the official start of autumn, and we’re anticipating the leaves changing and looking forward to enjoying apple picking season! In honor of fall, we’ve hand-picked the freshest transportation articles for this week’s TIP List. Below, you’ll find details on Maersk’s tanker unit sale and complexities in the food distribution space.
- Maersk to Sell Tankers Business for $1.17 Billion: A.P. Moeller-Maersk recently said it would sell its tanker unit to its controlling shareholder for $1.17 billion, the latest move by the Danish shipping and energy conglomerate to break up its sprawling operations and focus on container shipping.
- The Mind-Boggling Complexities of Food Distribution: Over the past few weeks, there’s been a lot of buzz and discussion about Amazon’s acquisition of Whole Foods – and the resulting questions illustrate the complexities involved with food distribution.
- U.S. Manufacturers Respond to Regulatory Plans: Manufacturers and wholesale distributors are optimistic about the perceived impact of the Trump administration’s plans for trade deregulation on their businesses, according to recent research.
- Meet “The Airbnb of Warehouse Space”: Warehouse Exchange is a platform that helps make it possible for buyers to access interim or short-term space that suppliers are not using and would like to monetize.
- Cass Freight Index Posts Solid August Gains: Both annual and sequential gains, of varying degrees, for freight shipments and expenditures were on display in the August edition of the Cass Freight Index Report.
What are your biggest logistical challenges moving into the fall season?