Transportation TIP List: Week of June 25th, 2017
As you’re looking forward to the hot dogs, hamburgers and potato chips that will be at your upcoming Fourth of July celebration, we wanted to serve up some sizzling trends currently impacting the transportation industry. This week’s TIP List includes stories about the landscape of the MTS market and key areas of concern for keeping ELD technology secure—see what’s cooking in the full list below!
- Large Managed Transportation Providers Leverage Network Effects: The MTS market is becoming more crowded. But according to major players, the right partner can help shippers achieve network visibility that provides improved carrier procurement, more consolidation opportunities, better integrated services and enhanced benchmarking.
- ELDs in Cyberspace: Evaluating the Risk to Data Security, Privacy: As of December 18, many fleets will be using ELDs that come with a monthly service plan, often associated with a connection to a cellular data network – and this connectivity may cause some cybersecurity concerns.
- Prime Wardrobe: Amazon’s Next Move to Conquer the Fashion Retail Market: After Amazon’s recent acquisition of Whole Foods to expand its grocery segment, the company introduced Prime Wardrobe to ramp up the fashion retail market. This feature allows Prime members to order clothes online and try them on before making a final purchase decision.
- “Unsustainably” Low U.S. Logistics Costs Forecast to Rise: U.S. business logistics costs dropped 1.5% last year to $1.39 trillion, the first decline in logistics costs since 2009, according to the 2017 State of Logistics Report. However, shippers may see these costs climb during the rest of 2017.
- The Cost of a Product Recall in the Food Industry: For a company in the food industry, recalling a product can have an irreversible impact on their brand reputation. Take a look at this infographic that calculates the true cost of a product recall within the food industry and how to avoid it.
Do you have concerns over ELD technology security?