Transportation TIP List: Week of January 29th, 2017
This weekend, the Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots will square off in the Super Bowl in Houston, Texas. And just as both teams are led by some of the most elite players in the sport, this week’s TIP List takes the lead on some of the top trends in the transportation industry. From the future outlook of the retail industry to the recent withdrawal of the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership – catch all of the industry trends in this week’s TIP list before the big game!
- Trump’s Withdrawal From TPP: What Does It Mean?: President Trump has signed a memorandum withdrawing the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a regional trade agreement among 12 Asia-Pacific countries that combines trade and investment.
- 3 Predictions for the Future of Retail – From the CEO of Walmart: What will shopping be like in 10 years? No one knows all the details, but one thing is for sure: it will be very different than it is today. Find out what Walmart CEO Doug McMillon believes retail has in store for the future.
- The Calm Before the Supply Chain Storm: Current conditions for shippers could best be described as “the calm before the storm,” as transportation forecasting firm FTR’s most recent Shippers Conditions Index indicated a neutral reading of 0.4.
- The Impact of Electronic Logging Devices: Separating Hype from Reality: According to a survey Transplace conducted last year with over 400 carriers, 81% of large fleets reported that they had achieved full ELD implementation, with the remaining 19% working towards that goal.
- Gartner Announces Its Rankings of the 2016 Supply Chain Top 25: Gartner, Inc. has released the findings from its annual Supply Chain Top 25, identifying top supply chain leaders and highlighting their best practices.
- U.S. New Home Sales Fall; Weekly Jobless Claims Rise: New U.S. single-family home sales fell to a 10-month low in December after three straight months of solid gains, but the housing market recovery remains intact as a tightening labor market boosts wage growth.
- ATRI Unveils Annual List of Top Truck Bottlenecks: Atlanta’s “Spaghetti Junction” — the intersection of I-285 at I-85 North — tops this list as the most congested freight bottleneck in the country for the second year in a row, according to research from ATRI.
What top industry trends are you catching up on this week?