Transportation TIP List: Week of April 9th, 2017
Although there will be plenty of opportunities to search for hidden eggs at your Easter celebration this weekend, our TIP List presents quite the opposite, as it includes this week’s most noticeable trends impacting the transportation industry. Highlighted are innovations in digital technology, the impact of legislation on the supply chain industry and manufacturing growth — check out all of the “can’t miss” articles below!
- Is the Digital Experience All It’s Cracked Up to be, in Trucking and Elsewhere?: Trucking is in the midst of a digital revolution; with the industry experiencing all sorts of disruptive effects as a result. But are the human beings caught up in all of this “digitization” happy about it?
- Supply Chains and the Trump Roller-Coaster: The first months of Trump’s presidency have added new uncertainty regarding transportation operations and raised questions as to how companies can prepare for changes in trade, taxation and investment.
- U.S. Manufacturing Keeps Expanding at Robust Pace: America’s factories continue to expand, demonstrating momentum in an industry that has struggled over the past two years. The manufacturing index has increased in six of the last seven months, underscoring building optimism among factory managers.
- Trucking Execs are Talking About Addressing Infrastructure Woes. Is Congress Listening?: Recent testimonies to Congress stressed that more funding is needed for U.S. roads and bridges in order for the trucking industry to be able to safely and efficiently move goods throughout the country.
- Spot Market: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait: The national average reefer rate moved up only a penny last month from where it sat in February, in spite of generally good volume gains on the spot market.
How is digital technology innovation impacting your trucking operations?