Transportation TIP List: Week of January 1st, 2018
We’re excited to be flipping the calendar to 2018 this week – there is so much to look forward to! Our first TIP List of 2018 includes the latest and greatest supply chain trends you need to know as you head into another year in the transportation world. From top industry conferences to attend to the latest on the ELD mandate – start off right with some interesting industry predictions!
- Supply Chain and Logistics Conferences to Attend in 2018: Supply chain professionals often cite peer-to-peer learning and networking as the most valuable investment of time and money. A great example of peer-to-peer learning in action is at conferences – take a look at this list of supply chain and logistics conferences scheduled for 2018.
- The ELD Mandate is Here – Now What?: The deadline for the ELD mandate has come and gone, and fleets across the U.S. are getting used to the new ELD reality. Adhering to the mandate has been a big topic of discussion, but there are still lingering technical and enforcement questions that remain.
- Supply Chain Trends to Follow in 2018: Over the past year, the logistics industry has been filled with buzzwords—e-commerce, IoT, big data, analytics and many more—but each one seemed to revolve around a common theme: technology. That won’t change as we move into 2018.
- Full Speed Ahead for Economy, Trucking in 2018: Trucking firms are revved up for 2018, with predictions of tight capacity and strong demand for freight hauling setting the stage in anticipation of a big year for the shipping industry.
- Retailers Offer Myriad Returns Options to Retain Customers: After a strong holiday shopping season, retailers are bracing for a flood of returns. This year, traditional and online retailers have expanded the number of locations and routes consumers can use to return merchandise.
What industry trends are you watching in 2018?