Transportation TIP List: Week of August 5th, 2018
From cybersecurity and blockchain to machine intelligence, emerging technologies are helping today’s supply chains become more and more dynamic. This week, our TIP List includes a plethora of high-tech industry trends and the results from the Inbound Logistics Top 10 3PL Survey. Dive into the full technology takeover below!
- Top 10 3PL Excellence Awards 2018: Each year, the Inbound Logistics Readers’ Choice Top 10 3PL Excellence survey gives shippers the chance to give a shout-out to providers that have taken on so much of their load. The 2018 detailed the hallmarks of white-glove service: attentiveness, reliability, flexibility, and ability to execute.
- Trucking Industry Confronts Growing Threat of Ransomware: Security experts had long warned the transportation industry was a major target for cyberattacks — then, a malware incident was levied against international ocean shipper A.P. Moller Maersk. Several months after the cyberattack, the magnitude of the attack and the collateral damage began to unfold.
- 6 Benefits of Emerging Technologies in the Modern Supply Chain: There’s no doubt that emerging technologies are becoming prevalent in business. However, companies may not fully understand how these technologies can benefit their businesses – especially in the supply chain.
- Hurdles Make Blockchain Slow Burn for Container Shipping: Amid a swirl of buzz and grand promises, the container shipping industry’s adoption of blockchain will be a slow burn, considering the hurdles ahead such as organizational resistance to change, cost of technology and the time it will take to build a network of distributed parties to participate.
- Four Ways AI Is Leveling the Retail Playing Field Versus Amazon: AI, or machine intelligence, is human-like or intelligent behavior exhibited by computers and machines that are “trained” by data to make autonomous decisions. The technology helps us process enormous amounts of data to identify opportunities and solutions.
What technology is currently having a significant impact on your operations?