Transplace’s Year in Review: Memorable Moments from 2018!
It’s that time of year again! As 2018 comes to a close and 2019 approaches, now is the perfect opportunity to take a look back at all we have accomplished within the last 12 months. This year has been filled with many exciting moments, and before we ring in the New Year, we wanted to highlight some of the milestones that made 2018 so incredible.
Keep reading for a recap of some of our proudest accomplishments, and thank you to all who made 2018 one to remember!
- To kick off 2018, we announced Frank McGuigan as Transplace’s new CEO, and Tom Sanderson’s transition to the role of executive chairman and serving on Transplace’s board of directors. Ongoing, we continue to work together as one Transplace and as a cohesive, purposeful team, with an extreme focus on our customers, our people and our shareholders!
- In our efforts to deliver continuous value for our customers and set the standards for emerging technology, we joined the Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA) and our CTO Mike Dieter continues to sit on the BiTA Standards Council Board of Directors. We are actively taking part in industry-wide efforts to develop and adopt solutions to better track goods as they move throughout the supply chain, and are looking forward to the bright future technology will bring!
- In May, we welcomed a record number of the best and brightest transportation and supply chain industry leaders to our 16th annual Shipper Symposium in Frisco, Texas. We helped identify strategies for navigating the latest trends and challenges impacting the supply chain. This event continues to grow each and every year, and we look forward to seeing attendees again in 2019!
- We were pleased to appoint Chris Nester as our CFO to hold the responsibilities of overseeing Transplace’s financial operations. The growth of ecommerce and development of advanced technologies impacting every area of the supply chain has created tremendous opportunities for logistics companies and shippers, and Chris has helped us to continue to best serve the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
- We were thrilled to be ranked #2 on Inbound Logistics’ “Top 10 3PL Provider” list. This marked our 16th consecutive year on the prestigious industry list, and is a proud tribute to our continuous improvement, relentless pursuit of excellence and ongoing dedication to our customers. Thanks again to all who voted!
- We hosted our annual Carrier Symposiumin Northwest Arkansas, which included an action-packed day full of education, recognition, networking and appreciation for those carriers that provide capacity in support of our shipper customers. It was also held at a very appropriate time of the year – during Truck Driver Appreciation Week – and we were able to recognize some of the great men and women in the trucking industry for their hard work and dedication.
- With the acquisition of Yusen Logistics’ Intermodal Operations, Transplace expanded our intermodal and freight brokerage capabilities. The acquisition supports our ongoing strategy of complementing strong organic growth with selective, strategic acquisitions. Yusen established a strong presence in the industry along with a superb customer base, and brings a customer-centric culture that complements our business and mission.
- During the year, Transplace was recognized by a number of partners including Sonoco and BASF for providing innovative logistics solutions to help improve business processes, support organizational goals and help meet the demands of the challenging transportation market. These awards represent the quality of service and commitment to supply chain excellence that we strive to provide our customers.
- Throughout 2018, our Transplace Cares initiative continued to support strategic, meaningful relationships with local and national charities, combining corporate resources with community needs to inspire charitable contributions and employee involvement. We were honored to support the American Diabetes Association, Kidd’s Kids, JDRF, Fundación CAAAREM and many other organizations throughout the year.
We couldn’t have succeeded this year without our fantastic employees, customers and partners. Thank you for making 2018 a wonderful year – we’re looking forward to continuing to be even better, together in 2019!
What was the most memorable moment of 2018 for you? Let us know in the comments!