2021 in Review: Embarking on a New Era of Logistics Management
By: Frank McGuigan, CEO
2021 will be remembered as a transformational year—especially for logistics and supply chain professionals. Despite never-before-seen capacity challenges and bottlenecks in ports around the world, the industry persevered.
We are grateful to our teams, customers, and partners for a year filled with advancements and growth.
Below is just a small sample of the ways we have grown, expanded our services, and collaborated with our customers and partners.
- We have maintained significant growth and are projected to beat our net revenue and EBITDA budgets by 10%, the largest percentage increase over budget that we have ever achieved.
- We opened our first European office in January to better serve our customers while also extending industry-leading supply chain strategies for global shippers.
- In July, we celebrated the grand opening of our new Center of Excellence in Northwest Arkansas—a globally-recognized logistics hub. The 150,000 sq. ft. facility in Rogers extends logistics solutions and supply chain strategies to the world’s leading brands and most active shippers.
- In September, we hosted our 19th annual Shipper Symposium in Amelia Island, Florida. We were energized to be back together in person! The enlightening event gave us a peek into the future with economic forecasts and the ways technology will only become more integral in this industry.
- In November, Uber Freight completed the acquisition of Transplace. This milestone reinforces our commitment to delivering an industry-leading logistics platform designed to connect shippers and carriers within a single ecosystem and optimize the movement of freight across the entire marketplace.
- We continued to upgrade our Logistics Solutions Platform by offering a cost-effective option for shippers tied to enterprise legacy systems. Our Platform provides advanced technologies, such as real-time visibility, service risk prediction, network collaboration, and more — all accessible to shippers without making a capital investment up front.
- Year-to-date, we’ve identified over $240 million savings for customers through engineering optimization, procurement cost avoidance and continuous improvement initiatives by leveraging our network of ~$15 billion of freight under management.
- We were honored by winning several key industry awards, including Transport Topics 2021 Top 50 Logistics Company, Food Logistics 2021 Top Software and Tech Providers, Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s 2021 Green Supply Chain Award and Food Logistics 2021 Top Green Provider award.
None of this would have been possible without our outstanding customers, partners, and dedicated employees. We’re anticipating a bright future as we begin to embark on a new era of logistics management with Uber Freight. Together, Transplace and Uber Freight will deliver best-in-class solutions and operational excellence to give you more choice and flexibility across your transportation portfolio.