2020 in Review: Overcoming Logistics Challenges with Ingenuity, Technology and Collaboration
From a pandemic and global economic turmoil to hurricanes and wildfires, the world faced monumental challenges and crises in 2020. For many, the end of the year can’t come soon enough. However, there are countless success stories of logistics and supply chain heroes coming together to overcome the chaos. We are impressed and inspired by our employees and customers who embraced ingenuity, technology and collaboration to overcome the challenges of 2020.
Below is a recap of the ways we evolved and enhanced our services, as well as collaborated with our customers and partners to achieve success together this year.
- To better serve our customers, carriers and industry partners, we expanded on markets across North America and opened a new Center of Excellence (COE) in Europe, allowing us to extend our service offerings, add new talent and boost collaboration to further support our customers. In addition, we will be opening a new COE in Rogers, Arkansas in Q2 2021.
- Year-to-date, we’ve identified over $500 million savings for customers through continuous improvement initiatives by leveraging our growing network of $11 billion of freight under management.
- In October, we hosted our 18th annual Shipper Symposium virtually. From the latest trends and challenges to a 2021 economic outlook, we helped shippers identify key take-aways and strategies for their business.
- We continue to expand our partnership with Feeding America. Earlier this year, we donated $150,000 and will be donating an additional $50,000 on behalf of our customers and employees this holiday season in an effort to achieve their vision of a hunger-free America.
- In order to support our customers’ business needs, we have made three strategic acquisitions that drove immediate synergy and scale:
- Lanehub, our cloud-based platform and community encourages shipper-carrier collaboration to help our customers reduce transportation cost, increase fleet revenue and improve overall carrier service and performance
- ScanData, our parcel transportation management solutions (PTMS) support our customers’ growing eCommerce and direct-to-consumer operational efficiencies, including carrier selection, booking, label printing, tracking, invoice reconciliation and business intelligence reporting at scale
- Specializing in lean principles, LeanCor enhanced our expertise to help our customers optimize their manufacturing supply chains
- We have brought on new leaders including Greg Sebolt, Executive Vice President of Strategic Capacity Services, to help our customers take advantage of over the road truck brokerage and other flexible capacity solutions, as well as Carmen Palo, Chief Marketing Officer to strengthen customer communications and demonstrate how our high-tech logistics innovations will optimize their supply chain strategies.
- We are incredibly proud and humbled by our employees’ commitment to our customers and our commitment to help shippers achieve global supply excellence. We’re thrilled to have received 15+ industry and customer awards, including:
- 2020 Cummins COVID-19 Outstanding Supplier for identifying additional capacity and multi-modal flexibility to support business continuity during the pandemic
- Eaton Supplier of the Year for cross-border logistics optimization and supply chain cost savings
- Ranked #1 in 2020 ARC Advisory Group’s MTS Research Study for having the largest freight under management among leading managed transportation services providers
- Selected as a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation by Women in Trucking Association, recognized for our corporate culture fostering diversity and professional development
- Ranked #3 in Dallas Business Journal’s list of top North Texas Private Companies, improving our ranking by one spot from last year
- 2020 Top Green Provider Award from Food Logistics, recognized for key initiatives focused on protecting the environment and reducing greenhouse gas emissions
Thank you for your continued partnership. While 2020 has been a trying year for many, we could not have succeeded without our fantastic employees, customers and partners. We’re focused on continued growth and we are committed to supporting the resilience and reliability of supply chains in 2021 and beyond!
To learn more about our recent market expansions, acquisitions and logistics technology innovations, reach out to us at https://www.transplace.com/contact/connect-with-an-expert/.