Transplace Announces Carrier of the Year Awards at Annual Carrier Symposium
Transportation Service Providers Recognized for Exemplary High Performance, On-time Service
“Transplace’s Strategic Carrier Management Program is designed to uncover growth opportunities for our carriers and continue to strengthen those relationships, while further supporting exceptional service for our customers across their networks,” said Ben Cubitt, senior vice president engineering & consulting at Transplace. “With this year’s awards, we are pleased to recognize carriers that represent the top one percent of our carrier base across all lines of business for the outstanding work they’ve done over the past year, and for their strong, collaborative relationships with Transplace and our customers.”
Recognizing 20 transportation service providers in the categories of truckload, flatbed, private fleet, dedicated and brokerage, Transplace made the announcement during its Carrier Symposium held in Northwest Arkansas this week. At the event, Transplace presented awards to these carriers in the following categories:
- National Truckload Carrier of the Year: Crete Carrier Corporation, Schneider National Carriers, Transport America, Mesilla Valley Transportation
- Regional Truckload Carrier of the Year: Joe’s Trucking, Ardwin Freight, TRIWAYS, Inc., Metropolitan Trucking, Inc.
- Temperature Controlled Carrier of the Year: Knight Transportation, Southern Refrigerated Transport, J&R Schugel Trucking
- Bulk Carrier of the Year: Oakley Transport Inc.
- Flatbed Carrier of the Year: Utley, Inc., Eastern Express, Inc.
- Private Fleet Carrier of the Year Award: Bridgestone Americas Fleet Operations, LLC.
- Dedicated Fleet Carrier of the Year Award: KLLM Transport Services
- Brokerage Carrier of the Year Award: Larry Gary Trucking
Additionally, Transplace International recognized several carriers providing cross-border and intra-country services for Mexico and Canada. The following carriers were recognized:
- Mexico Cross-border: Danny Herman Trucking, Inc.
- Intra-Mexico: Corporacion CLC Solutions
- Canadian Carrier of the Year: Erb International, Inc.
“Selection for these awards varies slightly by transportation mode and specific application but, in each case, the awards are objective and based on companywide, quantitative data as well as survey feedback from the supported customer,” said John Lower, director strategic carrier management at Transplace. “Specific areas of emphasis in the selection process include: on-time service, tender acceptance, claims, SmartWay score, and ease of doing business factors such as responsiveness, customer service, and the accuracy and timeliness of invoicing and status updates from the carrier.”
Frank McGuigan, president and chief operating officer, Transplace, added, “Strong relationships with our carrier partners are critical to Transplace’s ability to provide outstanding service to our customers. We are proud to recognize these carriers for consistent high performance levels.”
Transplace is a North American non-asset based logistics services provider offering manufacturers, retailers, chemical and consumer packaged goods companies the optimal blend of logistics technology and transportation management services. The company’s services and capabilities include Transportation Management Services, Intermodal, Brokerage and SaaS transportation management (TMS) solutions supplemented by supply chain strategy consulting services. The company is recognized among the elite 3PLs for its proven ability to deliver both rapid return on investment and consistent value to a customer base ranging from mid-market shippers to Fortune 500 companies.
Follow the company on Twitter, Facebook and the Transplace Industry Blog: